Another weekend has come and gone, and we’re starting the week off a little bit differently this time. Last week, we talked about bringing back our weekly challenges to help us focus on one new thing each week. Today’s is all about a mindful morning routine because it really sets the tone for the rest of your day, and honestly, our morning routine has absolutely slipped these last few weeks. We’re not beating ourselves up over it, because, well, life happens. But it’s time to find focus again on how we’re starting the first hour or two of our day each week.
What to drink
- H20, all the way. I like to keep a glass right by my bed side and chug it first thing in the morning. Truthfully, I don’t love drinking water so making it as easy as possible and having it readily accessible does make a difference.
- Warm water with lemon and honey. I alternate between this and green tea, but lately have been loving this combination. I had the worst sinus infection a few weeks ago and couldn’t stand the thought of coffee, so ended up drinking gallons of this instead. It was so great for my throat and is supposed to help kick start your metabolism.
- Coffee before the things. I usually try to not start drinking coffee too early, so will wait until around 8 for my first cup. I add a splash of creamer and am on my way to work!
What to read
- Getting caught up on news first thing in the morning always helps me stay connected. The Skimm is amazing for that, and news apps (NYT is my fav!) are good for quick headlines.
- For a little more inspiration, I love to browse Well+Good, MyDomaine and The EveryGirl.
What to listen to
- I had a friend that recently shared with me her love of classical music in the morning. Honestly, it isn’t my cup of tea, but it’s supposed to help wake you up slowly. So, this week, I’ll give it a try.
- For the commute, I love listening to podcasts. Check out our favorites here.
- Walk, run, practice yoga, do crunches at home…whatever that means for you, do it. For us, it honestly changes depending on the time of year and our travel schedule. A few months ago, we were going to yoga five days a week and managing to hit the gym before work a few mornings a week. However, recently, with an extra busy schedule full of traveling, it’s been all about letting myself have that extra hour of sleep and fitting in a quick walk and some stretching.
Where to shop
If you look good, you feel good. Here are a few of my favorites for rocking that big meeting in the office.