Yesterday, we got to talking about self-love and wanted to share a few thoughts on why it’s so important. This whole cleanse has really made us realize how crucial it is to truly take care of ourselves – even if that means sacrificing ten or fifteen minutes of blog work here and there or even sleep for a morning workout session. We’ll do a full recap of the cleanse and why we’re loving it next week, but for now, wanted to share some of our favorite ways to reset and recharge whenever we need a little extra self-love.
- Bubble bath bliss: Grab your favorite book, some bubbles and a bath bomb and it’s like the best therapy you’ve ever had. For us, this is a guaranteed way to calm down and clear our head.
- A new haircut (and color!): Ladies, this one is a no-brainer…but, it’s remarkable what a great cut and color could do for your soul. I (Ashley) have been searching for a new hairstylist for a year or two, but finally found an amazing stylist this past weekend. It was an immediate mood boost.
- Workout: Again, this one is pretty obvious. For us though, it’s about switching up our workout routine and staying motivated. And as hard as it is to get our butts out the door in the morning, it is SO worth it after you’re up.
- Eat healthy, and then really enjoy those cheat days: We both tend to eat relatively healthy, but this cleanse that we’re doing has been the greatest way to recharge our body. We’ve both experienced intense headaches from the lack of caffeine, but it’s clear that our bodies are much happier after feeding it organic, healthy food.
- Meditation: We’ve both tried meditating and have enjoyed it, but haven’t gotten in a habit of it. We do know people that swear by meditation, and have always loved the mornings where we do take a few extra minutes to ourselves.
The most important thing to do is figure out what works for you, and then stick with it. We’re both figuring out what works for us, and what the right balance is. We would love to hear your suggestions!
Shop Haley’s look here:
Shop Ashley’s look here:
Thank you to Cuyana for Ashley’s gorgeous hat and Haley’s beautiful camel bag. For the first time ever, they’re coming to Seattle this weekend and we can wait to shop in person! They’ll be at Baleen in Ballard on Saturday and Sunday. Click here for more details.