Here we are, just a week away from Thanksgiving. I swear, every year it creeps up a little faster. But every year, I’m just as excited and ready for the holiday season to begin. Because the holiday gatherings still sneak up a little too quickly, recipes that are quick, easy, and festive are a must.
This sweet potato recipe is going to become my go-to when I need a simple dish that’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser for one of the many upcoming friendsgivings and holiday dinners. It’s just a few ingredients (that you very well may have in your fridge and pantry already), super easy to pack up and serve, and delicious!
What you’ll need:
3-4 sweet potatos, sliced into disks
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 bag marshmallows
1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss the sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup and season with salt. Lay them out flat on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper for less clean up!
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender, flipping them halfway through. Mine took about 25 minutes to bake.
- Pull the sheet out of the oven, and top each slice with a marshmallow (or a couple if you’re using mini).
- Place the sheet back in the oven and switch the oven to broil.
- Let the marshmallows broil for just a few minutes until they are golden brown. I would watch them carefully at this point — they burn quickly and easily!
- Press one pecan half on to each sweet potato slice.
- Serve immediately, or, pack them up and reheat right before serving. Enjoy!