It’s funny how week to week, even day to day, things can be so drastically different. For the last few weeks, I felt like I was fighting against a total creative and motivational slump. I kept hitting writing roadblocks, I was pressing snooze in the morning, nothing fit well…you all know how these days go. I needed something to change, and turned a boring day of errands into a spontaneous day of exploration in the city. It was just the thing I needed to get me out of my week long rut.
Because we all have hard days and need a little extra motivation, I am sharing my five favorite ways to shake a bad day (or week) and none of them involve retail therapy.
- Pick up a new book: I have had a book in my hand more in the last three months than probably in the last two years. If you follow us on Insta, you know we’re in a book club and the host of each month picks the book. But, I love changing it up and reading non-fiction, too! Lately, I’ve been loving You Are A Badass.
- Ditch the to-do list and do whatever you want: If you’re like me, I am a total “Type A” personality and live by my calendar and to-do list. Sometimes, you just need to let it go and enjoy the moment. It can be so refreshing to feel like you’ve taken a mini vacation in your own city.
- Plan a getaway: It doesn’t matter where, or for how long, but booking a trip is a pretty quick way to get me excited about something else. Who doesn’t love a fabulous vacation to look forward to?
- Sweat it out: When I’m working out, I feel so much better. Obviously, I’m not the first person to share this tip. But make time for it and you won’t be mad about it. I actually have to schedule it like a meeting or HH plan or coffee date. I will put it in my calendar, and it makes it a lot more difficult to skip.
- And if nothing else works, put on your favorite outfit, best lipstick and do whatever you gotta do to make it to the weekend. Some weeks just need to be over…like yesterday.