A fun fact about me — I used to be obsessed with makeup. Like, absolutely obsessed. In high school, I stayed awake for hours watching the o.g. YouTube beauty gurus, would experiment with full-faced looks to class, and spent all of my babysitting money at Sephora. In my early years in college, I became known for my makeup box, (which at the time, was totally worth the room it took up in my minuscule closet) and having to get ready to go out hours before everyone else…to have time to do their makeup as well.
In the last few years though, my schedule, priorities and spending habits have changed, leading me away from this makeup obsession and forcing me to come up with a quick & easy make up routine.
Unless I’m at an event or special occasion, this is likely the makeup look I’m wearing. Its easy, fast (takes me less than 10 minutes!) and can be quickly dressed up or down by simply swapping out the lip color.
1. Always prime. I hate having to touch up my face makeup throughout the day, so a primer makes a world of difference. Recently, I’ve been using this one by Juice Beauty. It makes my foundation last all day, and is made with all natural ingredients so it won’t irritate my skin or make me break out.
2. Foundation. If I can get away with it, I’ll just use a tinted moisturizer and a bit of concealer. However, I’ve needed a little extra coverage these last few weeks. In this case, I use my Makeup Forever foundation and blend it in with my beauty blender. A little bit of this product goes a long way! I’ve found that my bottle has lasted much longer than past foundations.
3. Blush & contour. To give me a little color in these sun-free months, blush and bronzer have been my best friends. I’ve been leaning hard on this Juice Beauty cream blush. Because it’s a cream consistency, it blends easily into the apples of my cheeks, leaving a soft, dewy finish.
4. Fill in the brows. I was not blessed with naturally thick or dark eyebrows, so they can always use a little help. I’ve experimented with powders and pencils, but my favorite continues to be a gel. I’ve been using Benefit’s Gimme Brow lately, but Glossier’s Boy Brow is also natural looking and easy to apply.
5. Highlight. I don’t like to fuss with eye shadows or eyeliner too much — but a bit of highlighting around the inner corners of your eyes and along your brow bone can instantly brighten your whole face. This shadow stick by LOC is great because you can draw right on to the places you want to highlight, and then blend it out with your fingers.
6. A few swipes of mascara. If I had to pick only one beauty product to use, it would be mascara. Just a few swipes instantly makes me look more awake, and pulls an entire make up look together. I recently picked up the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara, and don’t see myself switching to another mascara anytime soon.
7. Finish up with a lip. This step can switched out to better suit the occasion or season. If you’re running out the door for a few errands, then maybe it’s a tinted lip balm. Or, if you’re headed out for the night, I love a simple face with a bold lip. Here, I’m wearing this Burberry lip gloss. It’s one of my favorites to add a bit of color to an everyday look.
And you’re done! What do your everyday make up routines look like? Anyone else struggle with a love for make up, but lack the time?