One of my resolutions every year is to read more books, and this might actually be the first year that it happens! I’ve been commuting about two and a half to three hours every day (more to come on that later!) and am listening to books on tape on the drive home to make the time go faster. A few weeks ago, I downloaded a bunch of Audible books to keep me entertained, and am seriously loving how interesting they all are!
Here’s my picks for the new year:
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life By Mark Manson: This book seriously speaks to me. It’s real, it’s all true and if you’re a person that gets stuck in your own head, you need to go read this book.
- What to Say Next By Julie Buxbaum: Is it bad to say the cover was pretty and it got good reviews?
- You Are a Badass at Making Money By Jen Sincero: Jen is just a fantastic writer and her other books are amazing. I assumed this one would be no different, and can’t wait to dive in!
- We’re Going to Need More Wine By Gabrielle Union: She’s just amazing, isn’t she? Nothing like learning from a woman that puts it all out there.
- How Not to Die By Gene Stone and Michael Greger: I am a big believer in the power of food impacting how we think, behave, feel and function. I thought this would be a great way to learn more about food and diseases.
- Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction: I find these types of things fascinating, and know that now more than ever it’s difficult to gain attention in a world where we have endless possibilities.
What books are you reading in 2018? Leave your list in the comments!