Our work weeks can be so unpredictable and busy. Having our pantry fully stocked with food that won’t go bad is the key to making sure we’re still eating well, even when we get home late. Here are our top seven go-to foods that you can always find in our pantry.
- Canned goods: Tuna, jalapeños, salsa, enchilada sauce and black beans are just a few of our favorites. Notice a theme here? Mexican food is usually on the weekly rotation.
- Baking goods: OK, this isn’t for late night cooking. But, anyone else wake up on a Sunday morning and feel the urge to bake? Yeah, us too. White sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, powdered sugar and other baking ingredients are a must.
- Sauces: Soy sauce, Sriracha, rice vinegar and cans of our favorite pasta sauce. And this doesn’t exactly fall under sauces, but honey is always on deck. Mostly for honey chicken in the crock pot and to top off our evening tea.
- Frozen fruits and vegetables: Tropical spinach smoothies are the best late-night snacks. Freeze a big bag of spinach and kale and mix in fruit, yogurt, vanilla protein powder and almond milk for a delicious and healthy meal.
- Snacks: We have a tendency to reach for snacks whenever possible, especially when we’re working or catching up on our favorite shows. Pistachios are a recent favorite, and dried mango is always fantastic. Other favorites? Peanut butter stuffed pretzels, veggie chips, and Wheat Thins.
- Wine: Always have a few good cheap bottles, middle of the road bottles and expensive bottles on hand for any occasion. And yes, sometimes an “occasion” is just an average Monday.
What are your pantry essentials?