It’s easy to get in a habit of eating out, whether it be breakfast (hello, Starbucks!), lunch or dinner. This week, we want to focus on eating in and challenging ourselves to prep for all our meals ahead of time. Not only is it hugely beneficial to your wallet, but it’s important to know and understand what we’re putting into our body.
The easiest way for us to plan the week ahead is to meal prep in the evenings. Make one mess, clean up one mess. Usually, we’ll make twice the amount of food we need for dinner, and pack the rest up for leftovers. Below are a few recipes that we’re currently loving.
- These vegan stuffed poblano peppers are delicious. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, this one is amazing. But, sometimes we’ll add chile verde crockpot chicken for an extra kick.
- Lettuce wraps are easy, quick and healthy. This thai chicken lettuce recipe is wonderful. We usually add other veggies (mushrooms, jalapenos, onion) to spice it up.
- Chipotle is the best. From their guacamole to their chicken to their sofritas, it’s all good. So, when we found this copycat sofritas recipe, we were hooked. It’s wonderful.
- Mexican food is our go-to. This baked chicken chimichangas recipe is everything. Add some cheese on top and some veggies into the chicken recipe and call it a night.
- Winter is the perfect time for chili. Throw these ingredients into the crockpot before work, get home…and dinner is served.
- We are all about zoodles lately. And with the right ingredients, they taste better than a pasta dish. Try this chicken parmesan dish with zoodles.
What are some of your tricks for eating in all week? We’re always looking for new recipes to try!