Make a list of things that make you happy.
Make a list of things you do every day.
Compare the lists.
I recently saw this quote on Career Contessa and it really resonated with me. I mean, how many times do people say life is short, do what you love, but few people really practice it. I think as kids we do things that make us happy. We play outside, we say what’s on our mind and we spend time with people we love and care about. We’re carefree and happy and really do things daily that we love.
As we get older, it’s easy to let life and being “busy” keep us from doing the things we truly love. Why not do more of the things that truly make our soul shine? Because the truth is, life is short and choosing happiness should be a first priority. So, today, I am sharing my “happiness” list with all of you and vowing to do more of it every single day.
- Spending time with Ben, my amazingly sweet, caring and funny bf.
- Cooking and eating delicious, healthy food.
- Getting my heart rate up and sweating it out. Doesn’t matter if that’s an evening walk around the block or a cycling class. They both put a smile on my face.
- A cozy bed.
- Beach sunsets.
- Hosting people at my house. I love planning fun events for people in my life, whether that is book club, brunch, family dinners and creating beautiful spaces.
- Tapping into my creative side. I love writing, decorating, taking beautiful images.
When’s the last time that you thought about the things that make you happy? And then beyond that, when’s the last time you made it to do those things on a daily basis?