Image borrowed from A Gentle Woman.
Sunny days on the beach, warm evenings on the patio, and picnics in the park…all of these are the best ways to spend summer days curled up with a good book. Even though we both have jam packed summers (seriously, who doesn’t?), it’s the best time of year to jam through some fantastic reads. This week, we want to pay special attention to the books that have been sitting on our nightstands for a few days too long.
- #Girlboss: Who doesn’t love reading some girl boss inspiration? Sophia Amoruso is the Founder, CEO, and Creative Director of Nasty Gal. She’s the ultimate #girlboss and reminds us all to stay true to you we are, no matter what.
- Mother, Can You Not?: As huge fans of this woman’s Insta, her book has got to be a hoot as she shares funny stories of her overbearing mother.
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao: Oscar is a sweet but disastrously overweight ghetto nerd who dreams of becoming the Dominican J.R.R. Tolkien and, most of all, finding love. But Oscar may never get what he wants.
- The Girl on the Train: Part thriller, part unreliable mystery, this book is all about Rachel, an alcoholic who’s reached rock bottom, as she becomes tangled up in a dangerous missing persons case. Everyone who reads it says it’s a page turner, for sure.
- Pride and Prejudice: Such a classic read for a beach day.
What are you reading this summer? Any good recommendations?