Image borrowed from, The Everygirl.
Let me just start by saying, I have big plans for this year. When we decided to move on December 31, I think we both knew is a symbolic and literal clean slate for the new year. Right when we got down to San Diego, we started looking for a new house to put roots down. For all you babes out there that have purchased a house, you know that it’s an emotional, stressful, and overwhelming process.
We looked all over San Diego county. Condos near the beach in Del Mar, Encinitas, and Carlsbad, up into San Marcos and downtown San Diego. It was basically a full time job, and we ended up absolutely falling in love with this home in a suburb called San Marcos. A couple hours later, it was ours!!! It’s been such a whirlwind since the day we got down here, but we are so excited for this new chapter. The house is brand new, so it actually won’t be ready until May 23 (or around that time.) For now, we’re busy picking our tile, flooring, countertops and cabinets. Who knew there were so many details that go into a home? While we absolutely can’t wait for our move in day and it feels like a lifetime away, we are so excited, nervous and ready to make this place our home.
I am so excited to take all of you on this journey with me, and we will be sharing more home design and inspiration as we make decisions about this house!
Favorite Design Instagrams
- Michelle Janeen: I am definitely gravitating towards whites, lighter colors, and want to have a bright and happy home. I love how Michelle designs her home with beautiful white colors.
- Brit of House Updated: I can’t get enough of Brit’s beautiful design eye. She’s a self-described “house enthusiast” and has a total Pinterest-worthy home.
- Patti Cakewagner: Patti is another renovator and designer and typically gravitates towards white colors and droll worthy kitchens.
Trends to Watch For
- White: This Pinterest article says warmer colors are on the rise. I disagree. I think white and bright is having a moment, and it isn’t going anywhere.
- Layers: Minimalism had a moment, but it’s really out. It’s all about creating spaces that are livable, comfortable and beautiful. It’s so tough to mix the three, but so important.
- Rugs: I’ve been seeing people make rugs the center of the room, and letting them shine. I’m totally digging it, and love how your eye immediately goes to that pop of color. Plus, easier to change later on!