Happy Monday, babes! With another new week, we have another challenge to focus on. With the end of summer (unfortunately!) near, this week’s challenge is all about soaking up all the vitamin D we have left and spending time outside. We are both heading on one last trip of the summer, and couldn’t have picked hotter places. (I am going to California and then Havasu, and Haley is off to Arizona later this week!) So, we thought we’d share three benefits of vitamin D, and three of our favorite products to make sure you’re enjoying the sun safely.
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Sunshine is proven to improve happiness, and we both can definitely stand by this claim. There’s something about being in the sunshine that just makes you smile a little bit brighter.
- Improves sleep quality! There’s a ton of scientific reasoning behind this one, but we don’t need much to get on board.
- Sunshine enhances the immune system. Ever wonder why you’re less prone to get sick in the summer? Well, the sun is definitely to blame.
- Sunscreen is obviously a must. We love the Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster SPF 50. It goes on really smoothly and lightweight, but seems to last longer than other face sunscreens we’ve tried.
- Gotta have a good sun hat. This one from J. Crew and this one from Nordstrom are two of our favorites.
- Polarized sunglasses, especially if you’re going to be on the water. We’ve linked a few below.