Ever since we’ve moved, I have been on the go, non-stop. Working a full-time job, commuting a couple hours every day, house hunting and trying to maintain some kind of peace and wellness, it’s tough. The one thing that has been my saving grace is transitioning from being a night owl to a morning person. I used to have the worst bedtime routine. I’d go to bed at 11 pm (or later!) and then would stay on my phone in bed for an hour. Now, I’ve trained myself to be a morning person, and shockingly…coffee isn’t even involved until 8 am. Here are seven things that have worked for me.
- Go to bed early. Haley joked about 9 pm being late on our Insta story, and the sad thing is that it seriously is for both of us, but especially me! I seriously value going to bed early and waking up refreshed.
- Put the phone away, and just go to bed. When I go to bed, I really just crawl into bed, set my alarm and close my eyes. It’s helped me to fall asleep more quickly, and stay asleep.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I used to be so terrible about drinking enough water. I honestly think finally drinking enough water has helped me to get restful sleep.
- Don’t snooze. This one is obviously not original, but it seriously works. I still don’t get up immediately and instead read the news, but it helps me to get up and get going right away.
- Fueling up with breakfast. I’ve been making my breakfast before going to bed (love any overnight oats recipe) and eat quickly before jumping in my car.
Are you a night owl or morning person? For all you morning people, any tips to get up and get moving in the morning?