After five days in Nashville, we’re just getting back to real life and transitioning from vacation mode. While we had the most amazing time exploring the city with our best friends from college, we definitely need to hit reset and get back into our routine.
Our sleep schedules are all off, we’ve been stuffing our face with BBQ and fried food, and we haven’t worked out in almost a week. Here are five ways we’re getting back into the swing of things.
- Eating right: Nashville certainly knows how to do good southern food. We ate more queso, fried food, BBQ and biscuits than we care to admit, and we’re certainly feeling it today. Now that we’re back, we’ll jumpstart our healthy eating with a juice cleanse. We’ve been keeping an eye on the Suja cleanse, Pressed Juicery and Juice from the Raw.
- Catching up on some ZZZ’s: With the two hour time difference, late nights and early mornings, we’re definitely going to take advantage of the weekend.
- Working out: While we did walk around the town quite a bit, we didn’t work out at all while we were there. We were pretty committed to Kayla’s BBG workout and yoga classes, so we’ll pick it back up.
- Spa night: The humidity was not nice to our skin, and anytime our days are that long, our skin tends to freak out a bit. This next week, we’ll be extra gentle and loving to our skin with an overnight face mask and some serious exfoliation. Our favorite masks are GlamGlow, Fresh overnight firming black tea and Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping Mask.
- Water, water, water: We tried to drink water on the trip, but you all know how that goes. We were so dehydrated during the last few days that we really need to focus on drinking a ton of water. Our favorite way to drink more water is adding mint and lemon, blueberries and pineapple, or sliced oranges for an extra flavor.