Building a wardrobe that is both beautiful and classy in your mid-twenties can be so daunting. Not to mention, very expensive. We both have steadily been building out our wardrobe over the past few years and feel confident that there are pieces in your wardrobe that you really need to invest in. There are a lot of pieces that you can save on and wear for a few seasons, and not feel about about donating or repurposing. But general rule of thumb, splurge on the classics.
Overall, there are a few key pieces that we keep coming back to and feel are great for every twenty-something to keep all year long.
- A killer pair of jeans: Whether you’re going out for a night with the girls or heading into a meeting, a pair of great skinny jeans is a definite necessity.
- A beautiful blouse: Interviews, client meetings and Sunday brunch. Get a blouse that you can dress up or dress down for any occasion.
- Statement jewelry: We are all about statement necklaces. Perfect to pair with a plain tee, shift dress, blouse or a sweater in winter. Try to aim for neutral colors so you can wear it with a variety of different outfits.
- Nude heels: We have multiple pairs of nude heels and they’re fantastic. Wear them to work, to a movie, or on a date…and they go with everything.
- Trench coat: If you live in a cooler climate (like us here in Seattle) or even somewhere warmer, a trench coat is incredibly versatile. Our favorites are from J. Crew. Absolutely worth the investment because they last for years.
- A tailored blazer: Keep it feminine and reach for a well tailored blazer on your way to the office, or pair an oversized blazer and fitted tank with skinny jeans and heels for a night on the town.
These are just a few of the pieces that we’ve invested in and have worked well for us. What are some of your favorite outfit essentials? Happy shopping, ladies!