This week’s challenge is all about ditching the take out and pricey lunches and eating-in. A couple of reasons why we’re focusing on eating at home for this week’s challenge. First, we know where our food is coming from, and it’s so much healthier than eating out. Secondly, it’s so much cheaper than dining out and is seriously going to help our wallets. Ten dollar lunches, three dollar coffees…it all adds up rather quickly.
For us, Sunday is all about meal planning and meal prep. If we don’t, it throws our entire week off. And the best way for us to make sure we bring lunch is just to make enough for leftovers and double our meals at dinnertime.
THIS WEEK’S MENU
- Sunday: Homemade pesto pizza with goat cheese, jalapenos, Mama’s lil peppers, cherry tomatoes and arugula.
- Monday: Shrimp tacos with homemade salsa and guac.
- Tuesday: Spicy sofritas black bean bowls with brown rice, salsa and (leftover) guac.
- Wednesday: BBQ chicken with sweet potatoes and asparagus.
- Thursday: Grilled salmon with avocado-mango salsa and coconut rice.
- Friday: Date night out!
TIPS TO STAY ON TRACK
- Plan your week out to help make sure you aren’t tempted. For us, that means switching happy hour dates for workout classes, farmer’s market outings, and wine nights at home.
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks. Some of our favorites are these no bake energy bites, fresh blueberries and oven-roasted crispy chickpeas.
What are your favorite recipes? Best tricks for making sure to pack lunches for the work week?