We try to aim for 10,000 steps and really work on being active throughout the week. But let’s be honest, sometimes it’s hard to do when you go from home, to work, back home again. This week, we’re going to focus on hitting our 10,000 steps everyday this week. With all the amazing smartwatches and FitBit options out there, it’s easy to track your steps wherever you go. This Fossil Smartwatch is my favorite. Here are five easy ways to get your steps in throughout the week.
- Suggest a walking meeting at work. I can’t tell you how many meetings we have during the day. Instead of heading to the conference room, try getting some fresh air and walking around the block. Or to a nearby coffee shop. Not only will it help your creativity and get your
- Skip the elevator, take the stairs. A few months ago, I started noticing my colleagues would take the stairs in the morning when they were coming into the office instead of using the elevator. While at first, I thought it seemed a little unnecessary, I quickly became a fan. We’re on the twelfth floor of our office building so it really helps to get the blood flowing. Pro tip: fight your 3 pm midday slump this way and you’ll feel instantly more awake.
- Walk to work. Or in our case and depending on the time of year, a further bus stop. We’re about five miles from work, and definitely have run home in the summer. But let’s be real, that’s a long trek and hard when you have tons of stuff to carry. Instead, opt for a further bus stop or park the car farther away on the street and walk to work.
- Start (or end) your day with a walk around the neighborhood. Even if it’s just a few blocks or streets away, take a short walk to help get your steps in. It’ll also help you clear your head and begin or end your day with some peace and quiet.
- Always start your workout with some form of quick cardio. Even if it’s just eight or ten minutes on the treadmill, it’s a great way to get your heart rate up and ensure you’re hitting that 10,000 number.
How do you make sure to stay active and motivated?