It’s mind-boggling that March is over in just a few short days. I mean, anyone else still occasionally thinking twice about writing 2017? It feel likes NYE was just yesterday, but somehow we’re already talking about April. It’s crazy that we’re a quarter of the way through year, and spring is already in full swing (in some parts of the country at least, definitely not here.)
Back around the new year, we talked about our goals for 2017 and had four things we wanted to prioritize. For the first time in a very long time, we’re finding ourselves having actually stuck to those goals (three months later!), so we wanted to share a bit of progress.
- The first was to read more. Well, this is one of the many reasons our book club was born and we haven’t missed a month since! We also always joke with people that this isn’t a typical book club where we don’t really read the book and just meet to gossip and drink wine. Yes, of course there is wine (or mimosas) and delicious food, but we spend a good chunk of time actually talking about the book!
- We also wanted to eat more green things. You can definitely say this one has been successful, although there’s always room to improve. I think we’ve made eating healthy a priority over the last few months, and we’re even drinking more green things.
- Get moving is always a bit challenging in the winter, but we’ve been working out more consistently in 2017. We’ve found that one of the only ways to fit it all in is to wake up a little earlier and hit the gym before heading into the office. The extra-early alarm can be difficult, but ensuring that we get a sweat in is always worth it.
- This one has probably been our biggest challenge…exercise creativity. While there have been some creative moments, this hasn’t been a big one for us outside of the blog. This is going to be our big focus for spring.
- And we’re adding a new one: focus on bettering your morning routine.
It’s so easy to forget all the of goals or resolutions you set at the beginning of the year because you’re all busy and have other things you’re prioritizing. We certainly are guilty of this! Whether you want to call them quarterly resolutions or moments of focus, we are revamping the old school resolutions idea and instead want to talk about them on a more regular basis as a way of healthy living.
What are you focused on for spring? Any “resolutions” you’re prioritizing?