What do you do when you and your bestie go away for the weekend? You eat, shop, talk, drink and blog, of course! Not necessarily in that order though. Today, we’re sharing the best spots in Portland you can’t miss the next time you’re in town. We’ve both been to Portland before, but love trying new restaurants and bars.
Where to stay: We stayed at Hotel Eastlund in Lloyd District. We’re told this is the new up and coming area, and we can totally see why. The hotel was beautiful, and the rooftop bar was one of the best parts! We spent a significant amount of time in the lobby and café on site working, and loved having a trendy little spot in town to call home for the weekend. If you follow us on Insta, you’ll know we also really enjoyed the comfy robes and breakfast in bed. Can’t go wrong there!
Where to eat: We had some amazing meals in Portland, per usual. They just totally know how to incredible food, the kind that makes you want to drive six hours round trip just for another meal.
- Oven and Shaker: We grabbed lunch here on day 1 and split the salad and pizza. So delish!
- Afuri Ramen: I first discovered this place from the New York Times article about the 50 places to go in 2017 and it did not disappoint. The food was so authentic and the restaurant was rigid and unfinished – the best way to finish our Saturday. We enjoyed some Sake and jalapeno sashimi with our ramen, and you have to try all of it for yourself!
- Tilt: We went here for burgers on Sunday and were amazed with how good the food was. We both got the carne jefe because we LOVE hot food and split the fries. Probably one of my top 5 favorite burgers. Seriously.
Where to drink: We were well caffeinated all weekend and thoroughly enjoyed happy hour and a fun girls’ night out on Saturday.
- Cider Bite: Because we’re both huge cider fans, this was a must! We tried a bunch of ciders and loved all of them.
- Swine Moonshine + Whiskey Bar: After a long day of shopping, this was the perfect way to cap off a productive and fun weekend.
- Heart Coffee Westside: We camped out here for a bit to work on the blog…only to find out they didn’t have Wifi. Score. Still though, the coffee was extremely yum.
Where to shop: We dedicated a full day to shopping. Here are our favorite spots.
- Powell’s: You’ve got to hit up Powell’s, no matter what. I always tell myself not to get another book because there’s so many at home, but they get me every. single. time.
- Anywhere downtown: We ran around downtown Portland for a few hours and hit up all the classics…Nordstrom, Sephora, Gap, and H&M just to name a few.
- Boutiques: One of our favorite things to do is explore local boutiques in a new city. The gorgeous and locally sourced clothes and materials can tell you so much about the people.