Two weekends ago, I went on vacation to Lake Havasu for a few days of fun in the sun. It was an annual poker run called Desert Storm, and it was one of the best family trips. The weather was perfect – it was 105 degrees, and coming from rainy Seattle made it so much sweeter. This was only my second time out to Havasu, and once again, it did not disappoint.
On Thursday, there’s a huge street fair to kick off the event. It’s so fun to see the speed boats up close, and they’re insanely gorgeous. Out on the lake, our routine consisted of this: wake up, drink a bloody Mary, get on the boat, more drinking, swimming, and repeat.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite things from the trip:
- Havasu restaurant: Cha Cha Bones
- Moment of the trip: going 80 MPH on the boat with a few of my favorite people
- Part of traveling: getting to remember the important things in life
- Vacation essential: Fresh Sugar Sport
- Part of Lake Havasu: Pirate’s Cove
Complete with delicious food, lots of beer (which is not my fav, but on the river, it’s basically water) and a ton of laughs, I couldn’t have asked for a better vacation.