This past weekend, I met up with my family in Austin, Texas and had the very best time. I’ve heard so much about Austin and couldn’t wait to explore and take advantage of the young city. Besides, I had never been to Texas before! From BBQ to natural springs and moonshine, we truly did it all while we were in town.
We were there for a family weekend on Saturday, but ended up being in the city for about four full days. I’m sure we only experienced a fraction of the city, but here’s a short list of my favorite spots around town.
- Sixth Street: We bounced around on Friday evening and it was so fun to explore this part of town.
- The food…all of it. My two favorites are below. Oh and of course, you can’t forget about the breakfast tacos!
- Terry Black’s BBQ: Old school, authentic BBQ and holy moly, it was amazing! We met up with my entire family on night one and ended up hanging out here on the outdoor deck for hours and hours. The mac and cheese and lean brisket were my two favorites.
- Moonshine Bar & Grill: I have to say, I’m not a fan (typically!) of moonshine, but this place was delicious! The cocktails were especially superb. This is where I first discovered my love for Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka!
- Barton Springs: The pool is fed from natural springs down below and it’s such an oasis, especially with the intense heat we were experiencing. We spent all day Sunday hanging out in the water. The best way to cool off in town.
- Rainey Street: Homes turned into bars? Sounds like a great idea. This sweet part of town is full of bars, restaurants and food trucks and it’s a must see spot in town.
Have you ever been to Austin? What are your favorite spots in town? Can’t wait to go back!