In the last year or so I have been putting a lot of thought into my health and wellness routines. I have always been especially interested in nutrition, so I love to read about different approaches to diets and to experiment with recipes. I have also been stepping out of my comfort zone when it comes to fitness – trying out new forms of exercise and setting bigger and bolder goals (hello half marathon!). Through all of this, I have found a few quick and easy healthy habits that make a big impact.
- Drink water from a straw. It seems silly, but it seriously affects how much water I drink. With a tumbler on my desk, I’ll mindlessly drink water as I work, and before I know it, I’ve gone through multiple cups.
- Schedule your workout. Every Sunday, I sit down with my planner and map out my week. I write in my appointments, meetings, deadlines, and workouts. I’ll also sign up for any classes that I want to take. When it’s written down and booked, it makes me way less likely to skip a session.
- Start your morning with hot water and lemon. This combination is so good for your metabolism and digestive system. It’s also super refreshing, and, for me, makes me feel better than immediately starting off with coffee. Sometimes I’ll add in fresh ginger or a green tea bag if I do want a bit of caffeine.
- Fill your fridge with cut up vegetables. It makes it super easy to fill up a bag for an on-the-go snack, or to toss them into a quick salad. By getting all of the prep work out of the way, it’s so much easier to add veggies to every meal.
- Find workout gear you feel good in. There’s something so motivating about a great workout outfit. If you look good, you feel good, and you perform better…right?
Do you have any little healthy habits that you swear by? I would love to hear them!